What lockdown taught me ??

 WHAT LOCKDOWN TAUGHT ME ??



When you have work to do you don't have time to spare.
But when you don't have work to do that time as well you don't have time to spare...

It all began on 22nd March 2020. I was just back from a trip to Kolhapur and then the prime minister announced for a one-day lockdown with a task for the day. All the people were happy on the first day. because they didn't know what was going to hit them later.
After 22nd the prime minister announced a 21 days lockdown and that was the time I had a breakdown because I am a growing stand-up comedian and for a comic who had planned shows every day it was like signing your death warrant. the first 21 days were good because we were settling in and having a wonderful time with family with the hope of all getting back to normal on the 22nd day.

Then I got the second hit. A month-long complete shutdown and I was completely shattered that day. I thought I can do something with this one month but I learned one very important thing that is if you don't know what your tomorrow is going to look like you would work twice as hard to make it beautiful but if you know it going to be the same you would just stop working.
I thought of doing something productive but my procrastination machine was on all day long. the same schedule every day nothing to do and nothing to lose as well.
 
After the first month of lockdown, I learned one thing that even if you are the most planned person in this world. You are going to fail to plan somethings someday or the other. I thought of writing something starting some new venture but I couldn’t do anything because I was hopeless and I was afraid of the outside world and I learned one thing that media and social media were one of the major reasons for fear and panic among me. Seeing everyone posting stories of the new arts that they learned during lockdown also made me a bit anxious about myself. But I came to know one thing in lockdown that is whatever you do in life there is going to be a phase where not doing anything would be far better than doing something that’s not you.

But after 4 more months of lockdown, I realized one thing that my tomorrow may be the same but I can change how it looks like. I know it's going to be on these same walls but I can change the look of these walls just by doing something. so, I asked my dad for a new laptop and he is the most generous man I have ever met because he gave me the laptop without even blinking his eyes.
 
I got the laptop the first thing I did was I installed Photoshop and started learning from YouTube. In just a month I developed good skills in it and then I also started working with two pages on Instagram. I also started doing poetry, it also gave me an amazing response. So, what lockdown taught me was tomorrow may be the same but what you do today matters, and what change you bring in the stagnant and unchangeable world is what matters...

Comments

  1. Keep writing amazing stuff broπŸ’―πŸ–€

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ggs all the way bruv. Great write up... I feel you should also touch on the topic of Social Media Anxiety and Validation. It will be a great project for you....coz you'll have to do a good amount of research and add personal experience but I'm sure if you do it you're gonna nail it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work chirag πŸ‘ keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show me some photoshop skills bro and hustle hard πŸ’―πŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  6. Assignment tha na!🀭
    Nice work!πŸ’«

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assignment tha na!🀭
    Nice work!πŸ’«

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts